Monday, August 19, 2013

Boiling Blood

I feel the need to share my feeling regarding a letter that a parent received that is spreading all over the internet. If you have not had a chance to read it......well here ya go.

 
 
This sickens me beyond belief........The cowardness of this woman is UNBELIEVABLE.  
 
 
Now I know I have a VERY short fuse when it comes to Rylan not being treated fairly.  However this doesn't just stem to my son, but to all the other special needs children as well......and this is not to be confused as a "feel sorry for us", but it is a "this is real life, believe it or not".
 
 
Now I look at my daily life with Rylan, and when I first read this I couldn't help but put myself in this poor woman's shoes.   My first thought was I would be in jail for murder when I found out who wrote this.  Then the reasonable side of me thought well that is selfish to think about stooping so low when I do have a kid that needs me.  SO one word describes this horrid woman.....IGNORANT.
 
 
There are sooo many different disabilities in this world, and I promise the majority NEVER wished it upon there kids.  I know I most certainly did not.  When I first found out I was pregnant with a boy, I had hopes of playing ball with him and taking him camping and racing go carts.  Not once did I think "I hope my son is disabled and we have to watch him suffer all the time".
 
As parents we want the best for our kids,  So why should those being special not get that?
 
 
I can guarantee that this mom never asked this for her son, she is trying to give him the best life possible, Now most and I repeat MOST kids with disabilities are destined to pass on before there parents, and as being told myself this news it is heartbreaking and scary.   To know that this is your life and it is the inevitable.  SO to be told that if this parent was to die NO ONE would want him......WOW.   TO be told this kid needs to be euthanized....well to this cowardly mother I want to give you a double birdy kiss my ass!!! HOW DARE YOU!! Everyday I have with my son is a miracle! I don't take advantage of having my son.
 
 
Ugh.....even as I am writing this im sooo angry I am losing my train of thought....like I said im putting myself in her shoes........When parents are this ignorant it makes me so mad, I have been told different stories on numerous occasions of what my other "special" parents have had to deal with....its sad.  Yes you may have a healthy child, but what if that got taken away from you? What if you never got to see your kid graduate high school or get married?  What if you knew you would NEVER have grandchildren?   You would be heart broken.......keep that in mind.
 
 
SO when you see a parent like this educate yourself! NO its NOT rude to come up and ask if your curious as long as you do it with a little tact.  I know I personally encourage it, don't treat my son like he is the plague...and if you have kids teach them about the special people on earth. 
 
I know on plenty occasions we have gone to dinner with Rylan and the hostess acts like seating us where his wheelchair will fit is a big ordeal (ahem Toby Keith's).  I know Rylan has freaked out in numerous places, I know its annoying.  I can tell you at the point and time I am so frustrated and embarrassed because I know your saying mean things.....But I don't want to not allow my son to experience life.
 
 
I know this post is a little all over the place, but all im a trying to say is before you feel the need to pass judgment on a family and there special kid. Keep in mind they have had a really rough journey and its not over.....and in cases like mine its only gonna get rougher.  Be encouraging, I know I personally need to know that I have people I can lean on when the time comes or I need it....Plus hey if you attempt to get to know my kid or any special kid you may have come across, you would be able to meet true miracles and they most genuine amazing human beings ever.   I know I have been told this about my angel.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment