Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Year 1

I write this in bed with a chest on fire and a high hope I will be able to breath soon.  Now as we know I have no luck with anything. As I came down with Bronchitis shortly after announcing Rylan just had his first straight year not being in the hospital! AT ALL!!!!! WHOOP!!!!!  What is funny is they tried to tell me at the urgent care that it was pneumonia at first and as I was walking out told me they were wrong....comforting.

Well this is awesome as I am VERY contagious, and who was I taking care prior to feeling like crap?? Yep my weakened immune system child.  The last words spoken to me were "watch him like a hawk".  So this is great.   But my Mom and Steven both attempted to comfort me in letting me know that they truly believe he will be fine. But I count help but worry, as we went to fill my scripts I kept texting Rebecca asking how he was doing with every response being fine. SO I guess part of me needs to relax and listen to my Husband and Mother.

Even though today I am still worried. Steven and I both agreed to keep me in our room until I have been on antibiotics for at least 24 hours.  I hear Rylan happy and laughing, yet I'm still so nervous. Ugh.......

But happy news! Not only did Rylan have his anniversary Steven and I have our first wedding anniversary coming up soon too! I am probably throwing bad luck out there but its been a very wonderful year without stress and anxiety around so much. I feel like we have grown tighter as a family.  I know our trips to that dreaded place are FAR from over,  I just know to appreciate the time now.

With Rylan doing so well he has been able to do more things.  One thing he has gotten amazing at is the wonderful therapy Tricycle.  He LOVES it so much!!  Rylan's physical therapist submitted his name and he was put on a waiting list while we wait for enough donations to come in to pay for it, OR we pay for it ourselves. 

Well that's where my big hearted friend Krissi comes in.
That's Krissi!

She called me up and wanted to set up a bike/car wash to raise donations. We did. 


We raised enough to get the bike! With the help of everyone that spread the word and showed up!
We submitted everything and waiting on them! I am soooooo excited!

We have branched into things we do at home as well, such as coloring. I drove all the way up to Hobby Lobby in Tucson to get this giant SpongeBob coloring book just for him!

There is also some handicapped swings located down the road from our house!!! The fun is never ending now!

All in all I am so happy with how much we have been able to do this summer let alone this last year together!  Just the smiles we get doing something fun makes all the pain so much more worth it.

We were also able to get family pictures thanks to my wonderful friend Bre! Rylan looks awesome!



Well I guess Ill go back to resting and trying to kick this.  Just send those Positive vibes Rylan stays good!


No comments:

Post a Comment