Saturday, August 17, 2013

3 is a magic number


Sooooo sleepy, Soooooo tired, Soooooo exhausted.  I tried to fall asleep early yesterday, once it seemed to have calmed down in the room.  Rylan fell asleep really early I am assuming his poor little body was trying to heal up.  Once Steven made it to the room around 1130, I felt content enough to fall asleep. 

Around 330 Respitory therapy came in to do a treatment.  However she felt the need to talk as though there was NO one sleeping in the room.

Well on a normal day at home I wake up if a mouse farts, so of course this woman's need to converse with my sleeping child with a normal tone of voice was going to wake me.......Then it woke Rylan. 

Now the thing about Rylan is that just because he cant walk, the kid can VERY much move. So when I found out he was awake I got up and put in a movie for him then attempted to go to back to sleep. I no more then closed my eyes when I hear a scraping.......

Now I should add in to bring some up to date, that Rylan feel out of his bed in the ICU a year ago. So now he is considered a fall risk, and has to have the bed closed off with seizure pads. As well as Rylan's IV is located on his left foot.

So when I awoke to this "scraping sound"  I look up at his bed and all I see is his left leg going up in the air and scraping against the padding as he is pushing himself further and further down in the bed. 

So I get up and fix him, then lay down again.........

Then the nurse comes in and starts comforting Rylan, again I awake to this get up and change him and talk to him. Then attempt to go lay down again.......

Only to be interrupted by Rylan fussing and kicking around.  Honestly, the two year old inside me was kicking and screaming "I just wanna sleep".  But I get up and crawl into the bed with him, which does relax him and he does eventually close his eyes.  So once he seems content I crawl back into MY bed.....

No sooner did I lay my head down when the doctor came in.  So up I went again to talk to them, by this time I decided to give up on sleep.

So I wash my face and wait for Steven to wake up.  Around 730 Rylan was due for another treatment so in walks our favorite RT Pam!!! Yeah!!!!!  So her and I sit and chat which does eventually wake Steven out of his sleep.

After a little persuasion he was out the door to buy coffee. Thank god!

He comes back and we nerd it up (play computer games) while we drink our morning brew.  Then I receive a text from my step-mom Maggie and my Bio-Dad asking if we wanted breakfast burritos.....uh....YEAH!

SO when they get here I chow down on the best tasting Chorizo breakfast burrito with my Dunkin Donuts coffee.  They drove all the way from surprise......they are the best.  SO as we are eating my Mom comes by as well...so we were all able to have a nice visit

 
 
 
After my mom left Rylan's Tata and Nana stuck around, which was nice because they cant be here all week as they are from out of town.  Shortly after my Mom left my Tia Susan came by as well...

 
When it was time for Tia Susan to leave Maggie and I took off as well to run to our house so I could shower and we could pick up SallyEthyl and bring Rylan's chair back.....By the time we headed back up it was lunch time.  SO Eegees's it was. 
 
As we were eating lunch Mary and Rebecca stopped by, it was a short visit as we needed to load him up and take him for a walk. They joined us for the first part of the walk, which was cut short by Rylan's pulmo doc showing up.....
 
 
 
He tells me that he believes it was Atelectasis with a little Pneumonia and that he seemed to be doing good. that's a good sign to me. SO we went off on our walk, Pan recommended it because it got him up in his chair and the new environment may help him expand those lungs easier.
 
When we came back we had a nice visit from my brother with my mom.  This made me happy as it was the first time (in general) that he has come up to see Rylan while he has been in.......I hope this is a sign he is coming back to us!  Honestly I mean that in a NON creepy way. 
 
So with Rylan on room air for the majority of the day our basis of going home is.......will he make it through the night off of it?
 
I ran to go to my groups get together for an hour, Steven encouraged it.  It was amazing to get some lady time! When I came back Rylan seems to be ok......however I do hear a lot of warning beeps........I am just gonna sit right where I am at because I know that once I look at the monitor im gonna worry......
 
Well the incredible rude and loud RT is in here....time to practice my deep breaths. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment