Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The clipping of tendons part 1

5 am the buzzing of an alarm rings in Steven and my ears. So we dreadfully get up and get moving being Rylan had to be at the hospital in a couple hours.

We run through the motions, I shower, he makes coffee and smokes. Then I bathe Rylan and Steven gets himself ready, We finish up with Rylan and get ready to leave.

We arrive at The University of Arizona Medical Center around 7:15. We were confirmed his surgery was at 9 am. I go to the desk sign him in and then we get taken to registeration.

Then a fire alarm goes off.....So out the door we go to just turn around and go back in. Apparently security cleared we could stay. This is our first time at UMC for surgery so we were not sure what to expect.

The PCT pulls us back to the bed waiting for him. At first glance it was a touching set up. They had it ready for him with alittle award on the pillow.  We put Rylan on the bed and start going through the motions.

Steven gets Rylan in his hospital gown and I answer the nurses questions. We wait and Dr. Valencia's surgical assistant comes and talks to us, then the anesthesia docs talk to us. Everyone seemed to be on track.

Thats when the nurse walked in. Dr. Valencia wasn't going to be in till 12. Here we are at 900 and the doctor wasnt going to be until 12. I instantly became infuriated. Thank goodness Steven was there to calm me down.

I call Dr. Valencias office to find out what is going on....and they were clueless and rude to say the least. So I asked Dr. Valencia to call me.

When he did we all came to the conclusion that there was some "miscommunication". Seriously is it too much to ask to have ONE of Rylan's surgeries go on time? As you remember his mickey button surgery went the same way

Rylan starts to become fussy. So I call the clinic Dr. Valencia is at and ask if he is running on time. Of course nobody could give me a straight answer so I finally had it.

Now here we are still waiting. My temper is getting worse with each passing min.

No comments:

Post a Comment