Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tendon clipping

7 days and counting......7 long days.

My little boy is going under the knife AGAIN! Even though I know its a long term investment having him go through this, I cant shake away my nerves.

  Rylan's lungs have been sooo good. I guess alot of the nervousness comes from the fact I feel like we are weakening his lungs with this surgery and then he starts school.  I shouldn't lie and say nervousness.......Im flat out SCARED.

Your probably wondering what he is going into surgery for..... He is going in to get his tendons clipped in his legs. Due to his CP he has developed contractors in his leg muscles. meaning he cannot stretch his leg out straight due to the muscles being so tight. As Rylan's bones grow......his muscles wont. Which doesn't give his bones a lot of room to stretch out. As this happens the bones are at a high risk of becoming contracted themselves. Once this happens....there is nothing that can be done.

So I opted to have this surgery done sooner then later.

I have really bad anxiety which got worse when I was told we needed to come up with a game plan for Rylan because they weren't to confident how many more respiratory viruses his lungs can handle. 

So here I am trying not to stress.......and hitting my E-cigarette like crazy....and now realizing I am going to need more juice......

So if I could get some prayers out there that his lungs will stay strong and he will power through everything like a champ and that he will breeze through the respiratory season with ease. Never in my life Have i dreaded the upcoming holiday season as much as I do now.

1 comment:

  1. Seven days of lots of prayers!!!!! I'm on it!!! Hope it goes great!!!!

    ReplyDelete