Saturday, June 6, 2015

Splashing to keep from Melting.

Rylan has been bored.  SUPER bored, and wanting to get out of the house but it has been too hot to do anything,

Its 100 degrees here.

Like seriously hot, when I watch Movies or T.V. shows I see kids enjoying Summer outside on their bikes, going to each others houses, etc etc. Not here.   The roads are empty.  The pools however....are not.

Due to his Mic-Key button I will not take him to the public pool.  I mean c'mon its an open hole to his stomach, all I can imagine is it's like him drinking the pool water and we know how clean public pool water can be.

I can't take him out on his bike without fear of a heat stroke.

We can't take him to the zoo.....again too hot.

So here we are trying to figure out what to do that won't cost an arm and leg that is in the cool indoors.  Tucson is such a "happening town",  the choices are nonexistent. I come up with the Tucson International Wildlife Museum,   That seems doable.

After some thinking though we decided to hold off on that, as Steven's Daughter Amaryssa will be here in 2 weeks.  This way we can bring her with us to enjoy it,

Then it hits me.

What if we buy a little pool?

Seriously I do not know why I did not think of that sooner.

Quite stupid I know. I am actually smacking myself for the lack of brain usage.

So off I went to good old WalMart and actually got a pool perfect for us for a good price!

As soon as I got home the fun began.


I tried to talk it up to Rylan, but he was such a grump he refused to care....I even got him ready into his swimsuit and all! 

grump


Steven and I in our excitement are like little kids........I dont care if its a tiny little blow up pool. Its a damn pool...with cool water.   We really didn't care Rylan wasn't having it.

.

When the pool filled up a little we decided to get in.  We were not gonna wait. Plus I was SOOOO excited for Rylan to try out his new pool.

Pardon the bricks we are still working on our yard. =)

His unsureness was almost comical.  He seemed like he was torn from letting loose and having a ball and trying to show his displeasure for us making him enjoy something he hasn't been in.  (I know I am a horrible Mom!) I was just uneasy about pools since he got his Mic-Key. Paranoid I know!

.

Before long he was having a BLAST,  Laughing and squealing!!!  I know being in water has benefits for people suffering from Cerebral Palsy.  SO seeing him move around so much and having a blast made Steven and myself soooooo happy!



.

I kept the water kinda low at first....I was paranoid he would slip from our grip and go under. I know your probably thinking....If your holding him how will he go under? Well He still is an 80lb kid when 80lbs is wet and wiggling around a lot the possibility is very much there!.....but he really did great.





.

It seriously makes me so happy when I can find something new to do with him that he enjoys! Steven and I worked together to sway him through the water, let him lay and feel the motion himself. I tried spinning him around as he lay on the water, and at one point he curled up next to me like he wanted to fall asleep! 

 We spent a good hour out there before we felt our energy starting to disappear.  I still gotta cook Mexican Pizzas! 

.

We worked together to get him out and in the house,  Let me tell you something, My grumpy kid is no more.















No comments:

Post a Comment