Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Power of the male role model

Its been awhile since I have posted anything but Rylan has displayed actions the last couple of nights that has got me thinking.
      Besides my dad. Steven has been the only male role model Rylan has ever had. Rylan adores his grandpa and his dad. Well this last weekend something happened that was a first.....Rylan wanted nothing to do with me.......NOTHING! My little mommas boy was no more. Anytime I got near him he cried. All He wanted was dad. Not going to lie it crushed me alittle. But the Influence Steven has on Rylan is amazing.
      When Rylan is doing something he knows he is not supposed to, he has learned he WILL get in trouble. As soon as "dad" gets near he stiffens and gets scared. This may sound like nothing but the communication they share warms my heart.            
          Steven has gotten Rylan to blink his eyes in acknowledgement of what he wants when given options and has gotten frequent eye contact with making choices. He does nothing but smile and listens to dad.
        This is a BIG deal.  Finally making progress with communicating with Rylan is such a relief.  after spending they first 5 yrs of his life trying and failing.......I feel I owe my whole world to Steven. Especially stepping up and being the dad Rylan always needed. On top of giving him the attention he needs to help him succeed.
                                            going for a buggy ride

No comments:

Post a Comment